Friday, November 20, 2009

Color Your Style with Vegetables Presentation

The presentation on "Color Your Style with Vegetables" for the California Career Development Association's Regional conference at Stanford University was fun and informative for myself as well as the participants. I learn as much or more than anyone else by preparing for the workshop and getting comments from everyone. Just as the garden grows as it is nurtured and tended, the analogy builds as it is used. One participant said that she had shared the vegetable analogy with her gardening group. Everyone came up with thoughts and ideas to add. Although I used a flip chart for the presentation, I prepared a "Color Your Style with Vegetables" PowerPoint Presentation that includes some of the responses from participants and an outline of the workshop.

I am finding myself more enthusiastic and committed to getting the book completed through sharing the analogy with others. I've always enjoyed working by myself, but I am growing with the garden. During the winter I still sometimes feel like hibernating and working alone, but I have learned to love and appreciate the different styles of people as well as the many colors in the garden.


This website is intended for informational purposes only. For professional personal/ career coaching, call or email Nancy for assistance with consulting, resources, and information to meet your personal needs. See links on the side panel for professional organizations. Copyright LWD © 2005 Nancy Miller

No comments: