Thursday, December 31, 2009

Color Your Style with Vegetables™

Do vegetables have personalities? Do they have characteristics that we can see, feel, and taste? Can eating vegetables have a positive affect on personality? These are some of the questions that I will be exploring. In the coming year I will be focusing my attention on vegetables. Eating healthy and adding more vegetables to my diet whenever possible.

The more I find ways to identify with vegetables and add color to my plate, the better I like vegetables. I was not born a vegetable lover. In fact, I have an insatiable sweet tooth. Finding fresh vegetables in season from the garden or the market has given me a new outlook on vegetables. As part of my push toward enhancing my desire for vegetables, I've developed the idea of four "Vegetable Characters." In fact, seeing myself as a colorful vegetable full of flavor and nutrition, and learning to appreciate a variety of colors and flavors has helped me appreciate diversity. Expanding my palate, appreciating new textures and colors has helped me step out of the box. Now I see people as a carrot, pepper, green bean, or tomato. Can you guess which vegetable could be described as spicy, rooted, connected, or contained? After studying personality assessments and colors, I came up with a unique vegetable analogy for describing a person's style.

If you are curious about the vegetables, take a look at the presentation from the California Career Development Association's 2009 Regional Conference at Stanford University, Color Your Style with Vegetables™. The full descriptions of the vegetables will be coming in future blogs. Color Your Style with Vegetables™ has been copyrighted for future publications.


This website is intended for informational purposes only. For professional personal/ career coaching, call or email Nancy for assistance with consulting, resources, and information to meet your personal needs. See links on the side panel for professional organizations. Copyright LWD © 2005 Nancy Miller

No comments: