Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Conference Opportunities

Last week I had the opportunity to go to the National Career Development Conference in San Francisco. The conference was a wonderful networking opportunity. Coordinating the CCDA table and presenting Local Chapter Leadership awards at the membership meeting gave me a chance to meet so many interesting people as well as board members I have been teleconferencing with for the last year (some of whom I had never met!)

Students from the CSUN student chapter of CCDA volunteered at the CCDA welcome table, as well as board members, chapter leaders, and students volunteered who also helped with the conference. Volunteering for leadership positions or to help with a conference are a great way to network while learning and increasing professional development. Whether you like to sit in workshops or volunteer at a nature preserve, volunteering is a great way to help people, animals, or the environment while positioning yourself to be the best you can be in your career field.

I got back from the conference and my Macbook Air laptop crashed. My Mac feels like my third arm. It's hard to work without it. I have most of my documents on my light portable computer. Fortunately, I have my book on Fastpencil, and much of my writing on blogs. I will manage until I get it back in a day or two. The good news is that I went to the Apple store for a free diagnostic. They found the problems, one of which was a design flaw, and they are fixing it at no cost. I was very impressed with their technical service.

I am floundering through my documents and files to find what I need for setting up the new "Pages" feature on Blogger. Great feature! I couldn't wait. When the environment presents challenges, I just find another way to work.

This website is intended for informational purposes only. For professional personal/ career coaching, call or email Nancy for assistance with consulting, resources, and information to meet your personal needs. See links on the side panel for professional organizations. Copyright LWD © 2005 Nancy Miller

No comments: