Sunday, May 17, 2009

Enjoying Blue Skies and Blueberries


What a beautiful morning! We beat the heat with a morning walk with our two dogs. Then my husband and I enjoyed coffee and breakfast on the patio. If I'm not enjoying one of Bruce's famous fruit & vegetable smoothies, I enjoy blueberries on my cereal for breakfast. I was left with only the bag of frozen blueberries, since I finished off the fresh ones one my cereal, but frozen blueberries are great on a hot day.

Blueberries are one of the Superfoods that promote a healthy lifestyle. Eating fresh fruit and vegetables is so much better than taking pills. While genetics always play a part, you can avoid getting some of the common illnesses and diseases at an early age by eating superfoods. Besides being packed with antioxidants and vitamin C, blueberries are anti-inflammatory and lower your risk of cancer and heart disease. I enjoy blueberries fresh, but eat them frozen when they are not in season on cereal, yogurt, whole grain pancakes, ice cream, and in smoothies. If you have any other great ways to eat blueberries, please share. You just can't get enough of the blue!


This website is intended for informational purposes only. For professional personal/ career coaching, call or email Nancy for assistance with consulting, resources, and information to meet your personal needs. See links on the side panel for professional organizations. Copyright LWD © 2005 Nancy Miller

No comments: