Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Time of reckoning

Tax time is a time of reckoning..
We finished our personal and business tax filing yesterday. Whew! As I was gathering information for expenditures, income, assets, and liabilities, I realized that it felt like I was reconciling the last year of my life. Many things didn't work out as I had expected. There have been joys and disappointments, but for us it all worked out well at the end of the year. We've had years where April 15th wasn't a day to look forward to. But this year we have been very blessed. We bought a house, my business is going in a new direction, and my husband has set a tentative date for retirement.

So, why was this a year of blessing? Because we actually got a refund? Every year we are blessed in different ways, but I must admit that I am affected by the measures of success around me. I admit it! To measure myself by what I own would be to measure myself on the basis of greed. I remind myself everyday--well actually I often need to be reminded--that success doesn't come from money. I will continue to look for ways to make a difference in the world and those around me this year. Quite a noble goal!

This website is intended for informational purposes only. For professional personal/ career coaching, call or email Nancy for personal/career coaching, consulting, resources, and information to meet your personal needs. See links on the side panel for professional organizations. Copyright CLWD © 2005 Nancy Miller

No comments: